Q. What is NC LIVE?
NC LIVE stands for North Carolina Libraries for Virtual Education. NC LIVE is a service provided by the state of North Carolina to provide 24/7 access to information and resources. NC LIVE provides the following:
- Statewide access to electronic resources
- Equal access for rural students
- Access to multiple databases
- Access to full-text
NC LIVE offers resources on topics ranging from careers, business, and investing, to health, history, and genealogy. Materials are available in a variety of formats including ebooks, audiobooks, videos, magazines, newspapers, journals, and more.
To visit NC LIVE, you can either go directly to the NC LIVE site, or you can click on Find Articles from the LRC homepage. This will display a list of databases available through NC LIVE as well as a direct link to NC LIVE.
NOTE: If you need to access NC LIVE off-campus, you will need to request access. You can do so by:
- Visiting the LRC on either campus
- Calling the LRC on either campus
- Person County Campus - (336) 599-1181, ext. 4001
- Campus County Campus - (336) 694-5707, ext. 8072
- Filling-out the Off-Campus Access Form
- Step 1: Click Off-Campus Access
- Step 2: Fill form out completely and submit to receive a password to use NC LIVE off-campus